Sunday, May 13, 2012

Keeping your Eye on the Ball





Keeping your Eye on the Ball

By Keith Bunn Jr.

May 15, 2012


Do you remember in the movie Up, where the dogs in the movie were given a task, but were easily distracted by either the tennis balls on the bottom of the old man’s cane or by the possible appearance of a squirrel?  Those were some of the funniest parts of the movie for me. But have you ever noticed, either in yourself or in others, that we’re the same way?

I know I am! I can be going along doing one thing and then all of a sudden something catches my eye and I’m off doing that thing. By the end of the day, I haven’t accomplished anything. The same thing can happen with your finances. It is easy to get off track and go right back to the same habits that got you in to your financial mess in the first place. One of the places this happens the most is at the grocery store. You go in with a list and a set budget of $150 for a week’s worth of groceries and by the time you check out, your bill is $200. Been there, done that, and I have a whole closet full of T-shirts!!!

What we have to do is keep our eye on the ball. Or in other words, stick to the plan you have laid out for yourself. You have to remember why you put yourself on your plan in the first place. Maybe your goal was to get out of debt by a certain date, upgrade to a newer car, or going on a trip. Whatever that goal is, remind yourself that if you stray from your plan, the chances of you not reaching your goals greaten. And don’t try lie to yourself saying, “If I do this one thing, I’ll work extra to make up for it.” You know that won’t happen, so remind yourself of your goals and remind yourself often. Keep your eye on the ball!

I hope my posts inspire you to look at what you’re doing financially & because of it; you possible make some changes that will cause you to win financially. I also look forward to reading your views on any articles or postings that I may post. Thanks you!

For additional money ideas and facts, follow me on Facebook, Twitter & Linkedin
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cavus-Financial-Coaching/120347681380181 , https://twitter.com/#!/Cavuscoaching , and http://www.linkedin.com/pub/keith-bunn-jr/47/555/145

No comments:

Post a Comment