Sunday, June 23, 2013

"Why Should I Save my Money? You Can't Take it with You?"



"Why Should I Save my Money? You Can't Take it with You?"

By Keith Bunn Jr.
June 23, 2013

Too many times I've heard people say, "Why Should I save my Money? You Can't Take it with You when you die?" And those people would be right, at least part of it anyways. You can't take it with you. The Pharaohs of old have proven that with tombs filled with treasures. But is your money only for the here and now? Is it only to be used for our enjoyment because we CAN'T take it with us? I say, no. I think if you're thinking that way, you should also be preparing for your funeral just because you never know. I mean, why not? You could die tomorrow!
In my opinion, the people who say things like that are just looking for an excuse to do whatever they want to do with their money, regardless of what its doing to their financial well being, or the financial well being of their family, and that's just sad, irresponsible, and selfish. The bible says, "But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever." -1 Timothy 5:8 -

Why We Should Save Our Money

There are only 3 things we can do with money. We can have fun with it, we can save/invest it, and we can give it away. So you see, having fun and enjoying our money is part of what we can do with our money, but its only 1/3 of it. What if we did all 3 parts? 
The simple fact is, we should all get our financial acts together so we do have some wealth built up. Not so we can just have fun with it, but so we can help others who are in need, live comfortable lives in our golden years, and so our families can be taken care of when we do pass away, because we don't know when we'll pass. We could die tomorrow at 19 years old or at 91. 
This path isn't easy at first but it is a better path for us all, and as time goes by it will get easier and easier.

The reason I do this is to give people hope and to try to inspire others. To make them think about their finances, whether they are young or old, so they can win financially.
If you have any questions for me about my posts or about your finances, you can call me at (616) 454-2046 or e-mail me at cavuscoaching@gmail.com. You can also find more money news, facts and ideas, on my Facebook and/or Twitter pages. I'd be grateful if you followed me. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment