Monday, January 13, 2014

The Ever Wise Yoda



The Ever Wise Yoda

By Keith Bunn Jr.
January 13, 2014

Yoda

Are you a Star Wars fan? I've been a HUGE fan ever since the first movie came out in 1977 (Yes I know I'm showing my age). As I was watching The Empire Strikes Back for the millionth time, it was during the scene where Yoda, the ever wise Jedi Master, used the Force to pull Luke Skywalker's X-Wing fighter out of the a swamp on Dagobah. Luke, astounded by this amazing feat, ran over to the 2' tall Jedi and said, "I don't... I don't believe it!" and Yoda replied, "That is why you fail."

"That is Why You Fail"

I know, I know. What does this have to do with finance? Well you got me. Star Wars has nothing to do with finance. Except for the two lines from Luke and Yoda. You see, I hear things like that all the time when I talk to others about personal finance. "You have to have a credit card today. How are you going to get stuff?", "How am I going to get a car if I don't get a loan?", "You have to have a credit score." I could go on and on, but doesn't that sound like "Normal" people? And all I can say is, if you're struggling with money, if all your money is going out as fast as it's coming in because you think debt is the ONLY way that you can live your life today, then you will continue to struggle because you simply just don't believe it can be done any other way. And that's why you are failing with money.

Marketed To

People in the U.S., are marketed to more than any other culture on the planet. And it has caused this very rich country to have some very poor people. The biggest and most marketed product today is Debt. It's true! While watching TV, reading a magazine or news paper, listing to the radio, how many times do you see, hear, or read some kind of debt being marketed to you. See if this rings any bells... "$199 down, $300 per month and you can lease this brand new car.", "Life takes Visa.", "You can get an extra 10% off if you sign up for (home improvement store) credit card", "If you consolidate your loans, you can get a lower interest rate and a lower payment." These are the things we see and hear all the time and we have to stop letting things like these influence our behaviors and lives.

We Have to Believe

To win with money, we, as a culture, have to start believing in something different. We have to believe that debt is NOT the way to prosperity. Not even close. Having cash is. And we can't get to that belief if all our money is going out the door with other people's name on it as fast as it's coming in. If you're financially hurting, I'd be happy to help you, but in order for you to get help from me or anyone else, you have to believe that there is another way to live, and that's without debt. BELIEVE!

Follow me!

If you like my postings, I'd be honored if you follow me, so please sign up. You can also find more money news, facts and ideas, on my Facebook and/or Twitter pages. I'd be grateful if you followed me there too. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment