Sunday, May 15, 2011

Time Machine.

Time Machine.

By Keith Bunn Jr.
May 15, 2011

Have you ever seen the 1960 movie classic ‘The Time Machine’  staring Rod Taylor, and Yvette Mimieux? The movie was directed by George Pal and was based on the novel by H. G. Wells. It also won an Oscar for its top notch special effects for those days. When I saw that movie, I thought it was the best thing since bread and butter. It was the first time I’d seen a show with the idea of man traveling through time. The older I got the more shows appeared on both the big and small screens with the ideas of time travel. I also realized as I got older that there was no way that any of that was possible but it was still fun to think of the possibilities. Wondering what I would do if I was given the ability to travel back or forward in time. What would I do? Where would I go? Who would I meet? And if I dared, what would I change. Have you ever thought about that? What would you do?
Now, I have thought about this again in the past few years, sometimes at great length and I do believe I would go back and give myself a big kick in the butt! After that, I would explain who I was and what I was doing there. I would hand myself a kind of gift basket of instructions of what to do, what not to do, who to meet, who to avoid, and a big list of books to read, videos to watch and CDs to listen to. I would have probably done this in the late 80’s, when I was in Germany serving in the Army. Because if I knew then what I know now, I would have left there with a whole lot more that $90.00 in my pocket and I would probably be a multimillionaire now!
But as we all know, that won’t happen. So I have had to deal with issues of all types as most people do who screw around in their younger years. So if you’re young, 20’s to early 30’s, take some advice from a guy coming up towards 50. Don’t be impulsive, think before you act and seek wise counsel. Learn from someone who has done something with their life and succeeded. Continue to learn!  READ, READ, READ, AND READ! Readers are always winners. Even if you don’t like to read, read anyway. The average millionaire reads one non-fiction book a month. Never go into debt. You’d be surprised at how much money you’d have if you didn’t. Something to think about.             

For comments or question, connect with me on Facebook at facebook.com/keithbunnjr,  on Twitter @cavuscoaching , or cavuscoaching@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment