Sunday, December 18, 2011

You have to do what is right!



You have to do what is right!

By Keith Bunn Jr.
December 18, 2011



Not too long ago, I posted on Facebook about not making financial decisions in the middle of grieving when you have lost a love one and I stand by what I wrote. But there are sometimes you have to make those hard gut wrenching decisions when it comes to our pets.
This week’s blog is extremely hard for me to write because we had to make that very decision this past week. The picture above is of our beloved puppy Zeus. We don’t know when it happened, but according to his x-rays, it appeared that Zeus swallowed a small stone that he was not able to pass through his digestive track. The little guy was in pain and the vet said that he needed surgery right then. The surgery was going to cost $2000.00.
Now before I go on, you need to know that our dogs are like our kids and we spoil them as such. We have 3 other dogs that are much older than Zeus and they are the biggest babies you have ever seen. Also, during the time Zeus was at the vet, I was in the hospital having surgery myself. Having no more vacation or sick days left this year, I have been missing work without pay.
I’m sure you can guess by now that we had to put Zeus to sleep. We only had him for like 2 to 3 weeks but he had somehow snuck deep into our hearts. In fact, as I’m typing this, I’m crying like a little girl over his loss.
My point is, is that in the middle of our heart ache. We had to do the right thing and let him go so he was no longer in pain. We didn’t have the $2000.00 for the surgery and it really doesn’t make sense to potentially harm the rest of the family by going into $2000.00 more in debt while one of us is not working to save our puppy’s life. I know some of you don’t agree with this, but it was our decision and it is one we will have to live with.
So take this for what it is. There is a reason why we don’t keep animals around that are in pain like we do with us humans. They are not human. By doing the right thing, even though our hearts are breaking, it is another way we show our love for them.



Rest in peace Zeus! We sure do miss you!



As with all my blog posts, and social media posts, I welcome any comments and feed back on the topics I write about. It is the only way you and I will learn more about ourselves and each other, so ask away!



Checkout my website, Facebook, & Twitter pages as well.
www.cavusfinancialcoaching.com , http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cavus-Financial-Coaching/120347681380181 , and https://twitter.com/#!/Cavuscoaching

No comments:

Post a Comment