Monday, July 15, 2013

Stop the Junk Mail and Telemarketing Calls!



Stop the Junk Mail and Telemarketing Calls!

By Keith Bunn Jr.
July 15, 2013


Do you get sick of all the junk mail you get? What about telemarketing calls? Do you wonder how they get your information to send you all this crap in the first place? Some of it is because of companies you and I deal with at least on a monthly bases, if not daily. They sell your information to other companies as a way to make money. It can be a vicious cycle. You give your info to one company, they turn around and sell it to another and so on.

 Another way they can get your information is by checking out your credit report. Yup, you read this right. Companies are allowed to pre-screen or look into your credit report to see if they want to send you or call you with some marketing material.

But I have good news! Listed below, I have a bunch of phone numbers, addresses, and websites that you can go to that will stop all this crap from getting into you mailboxes and/or ringing your phones off the hook. And I would do every bit of it to make sure those buttheads leave you alone. 

Now, when you write your letter to have you taken off their direct marketing databases, that is only good for 5 years. Make sure on your letters you have your name, home and/or cell number, address, and signature. Now if you move before the 5 years are up, you'll have to do all this all over again. And this is just me, but I'd send the letters return receipt requested just to have proof that they got it. Here is the information I told you about.

PRE-SCREENING OPT OUT

Phone: (888) 567-8688
Website: www.optoutprescreen.com

NATIONAL DO NOT CALL REGISTRY

Phone: (888) 382-1222
Website: www.donotcall.gov

FOR DIRECT MAILING

Address: Mail Preference Services
               Direct Marketing Association
               P.O. Box 282
               Carmel, NY 10512
Website: www.damconsumers.org/cgi/offmailinglist

FOR TELEMARKETING

 Address: Telephone Preference Services
                  Direct Marketing Association
                  P.O. Box 1559
                  Carmel, NY 10512
Website: www.damconsumers.org/cgi/offtelephone

I hope this information helps cut down a lot or all of the junk mail and annoying calls!

The reason I do this is to give people hope and to try to inspire others. To make them think about their finances, whether they are young or old, so they can win financially.
If you have any questions for me about my posts or about your finances, you can call me at (616) 454-2046 or e-mail me at cavuscoaching@gmail.com. You can also find more money news, facts and ideas, on my Facebook and/or Twitter pages. I'd be grateful if you followed me. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment