Monday, August 19, 2013

Good Guys Finish Last



Good Guys Finish Last

By Keith Bunn Jr.
August 19, 2013

We've all heard the old saying, "Good Guys Finish Last!" and it seems I'm hearing more an more of that same kind of thinking. People have been blaming everyone else for their issues in life. The rich people, the banks, the big corporations, and the government are all out to get the good guys. But did you ever think that maybe some of those very same people who are blaming everyone else, might of caused there own issues?

What Brought This On

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine posted a question on her Facebook page asking, "If you could get away with it, would you do something you know you shouldn't?"
Thankfully, most everyone who answered her question said "NO!", myself included. But a couple of them said something like, "It really depends on the situation - like if it would help someone." and to me, that is almost like someone saying they would do "something you know you shouldn't", which by the way, someone did say that. We'll get to that in a second.
When someone changes their morals because of a certian situation, that is called Situational Morality, and to me, that's not good. It means to me, that depending on their situation, their principles of what is right and wrong go right out the window, and in my eyes, they can't be trusted!
Now there was one person that did say, "I have many times...no regrets. It was all VERY enjoyable, dangerous, I may have gotten caught but, even IF I DID get caught, I'm sure I had fun ~ you only live once."  When I read this, my first thought was, there is NO WAY I'd ever trust this person with anything. These kind of people have absolutely no morals of any kind. They will lie and cheat anytime it will either make them look good or to get themselves out of trouble. They also don't have any integrity about themselves or anyone else for that matter and will stab you in the back the monent it suited them.

What Does This Have to do with Life Issues?

There was a study done sometime ago by Dr. Thomas Stanley about millionaires. In his research, Dr. Stanley concluded that the number one characteristic in the millionaires he studied was that they had phenomenal amounts of integrity. Which means, when they said that they would or wouldn't do something, they meant it! Their moral compass was always true. 
That meant that people could trust them! And if someone asked a question about their character, 98% of the time there would be nothing but good said about them. This also means, that if someone tried to lie about them and/or tarnish their reputation, no one would believe the lies because they had outstanding character.
You see, every one of our opportunities in life come from our relationships with people. Whether it is with our family and friends, our co-workers or the waitress at your favorite resturant, relationships matter! So if we lie about something, if we cheated someone out of something, or we just do something that was dishonest, people see that, they remember it, they may not say anything about it to you, but they will tell others, which means, there goes our opportunities.

Trust!

It comes down to these questions. Do people trust you? Do you treat others the way you want to be treated? The Golden Rule! If you do, then more opportunities will come your way and you will soon see that not only do the good guys finish, but they finish in first place.

The reason I do this is to give people hope and to try to inspire others. To make them think about their finances, whether they are young or old, so they can win financially.
If you have any questions for me about my posts or if you need help learning how to live on less than you make and creating a budget, you can call me at (616) 454-2046 or e-mail me at cavuscoaching@gmail.com. I’d be happy to do what I can to help! 
You can also find more money news, facts and ideas, on my Facebook and/or Twitter pages. I'd be grateful if you followed me. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment