Monday, November 28, 2011

Give



Give


By Keith Bunn Jr.
November 28, 2011


As I mentioned on Facebook not too long ago, this is the season of giving. It can be the one time of year that you can really make a different in someone’s or some family’s lives.
I’ll give you an example, but I want to make clear that I am not bragging in any way shape or form. Last year, around this time, I had decided that I didn’t need any more material type stuff for Christmas. I realized that I was very content with what I already had. Instead, what I wanted to do with the money that would have gone towards my gift(s) is to give it away. So what we decided to do was to go to a restaurant and anonymously pay for a couple of other peoples’ meals plus nice tips, and then when our meal was over, we would give our waitress a big tip. To make a long story short, there just so happened to be only one waitress that was working that evening so she got all 3 tips. She was so happy, the last thing I heard her say was, “I think I’m going to cry.” We left that restaurant feeling 10 feet tall.
Now you don’t have to do what we did, in fact, there are tons of ways to give to others that don’t cost you a penny. You can give some of you time helping at a homeless shelter or a nursing home. Sometimes those folks would just love to have someone to talk to. And who knows, maybe there is something they can give you from their life experiences and knowledge.
You can also give of your talents, whatever that may be. If you’re a mechanic, help fix someone’s car whether or not you know them. Or teach some kids on how to fix cars. If you can sew well on a sewing machine, teach some kids on how to make their own clothes, repair or alter clothes for others, or volunteer to make costumes for a school play. Whatever your God given talent is, don’t waste it on chasing the all mighty dollar. You will be given much more in return by giving away your time, talent, and money to others.

As with all my blog posts, and social media posts, I welcome any comments and feed back on the topics I write about. It is the only way you and I will learn more about ourselves and each other, so ask away!


“Surplus wealth is a sacred trust to be managed for the good of others.”
-       Andrew Carnegie –

Checkout my website, Facebook, & Twitter pages as well.
www.cavusfinancialcoaching.com , http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cavus-Financial-Coaching/120347681380181 , and https://twitter.com/#!/Cavuscoaching

No comments:

Post a Comment