Sunday, October 28, 2012

Shacking Up and Doing a Budget





Shacking Up and Doing a Budget

By Keith Bunn Jr.
October 28, 2012

It seems to be the norm these days for men and women to live with each other instead of, or before, getting married. I can't tell you not to do that because I have. But I have been seeing a trend, especially after this past recession, that people are trying to get on a budget and live within their means, but when it comes to some of the men and women who are just living together, it is almost impossible to do that. And the reason for that is because they're not married. A lot of times I see the men and women in these relationships, acting like their married but when it comes to their money, they are still living like they're not, saying, "Its my money and I'll do what I want with it." and in a sense, that's true. It is their money, you're not married. Only after you get married does the money get pooled together and become "ours".

Now, if you're planning on getting married and this is a big issue for you, I suggest that you get premarital counseling with your pastor or marriage counselor. If your soon to be significant other won't do that, then that just might be a deal breaker for your relationship. 

I hope my posts inspire you to look at what you’re doing financially and if needed, make some changes that will cause you to win financially. I also look forward to reading your views on any articles or postings that I may post. For more money news, facts and ideas, follow me on Facebook, or Twitter. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment